JOB OPENING: CONSULTANT
We are seeking a consultant who will provide data management, analysis, and visualization support to inform programmatic and strategic decisions for our clients. The ideal candidate is a Masters-level graduate who is meticulously attentive to detail with 5-8+ years of relevant experience.
- Start date: July/August 2020
- Location: Remote, though Seattle or Kampala are slightly preferred
- Hours: Full-time or part-time, depending on availability
- Compensation: A competitive consulting rate that is commensurate with relevant experience
The consultant’s responsibilities will follow the changing priorities of our clients. Example responsibilities include:
- Leading data management and statistical programming efforts. This body of work will include more advanced tasks (e.g., data cleaning/wrangling across multiple, complex datasets) as well as routine management (e.g., logically structuring and commenting code for repeated use, updating source data).
- Leading data analysis and visualization efforts, tailored to client priorities. The consultant’s deliverables will include presentations, briefs, and dashboards. Our clients frequently have urgent analytical needs and little time to discuss/scope the work. We are looking for candidates who can right-size conflicting priorities such as: the time required, technical rigor, and the beauty of the final deliverable.
- Performing quality assurance checks to ensure flawless deliverables. The consultant will conduct and expand a series of checks we have developed – as the final step before a deliverable is finalized.
- Supporting our efforts to document and publish current programmatic and monitoring efforts. The consultant will support our team’s efforts to publish programmatic and epidemiologic research.
Over time, this position could turn into a role that includes managing client relationships and supporting business development for a small but growing firm.
- Masters in epidemiology, public health, statistics, economics, or related field.
- 5-8+ years of relevant experience such as: quantitative analysis/visualization, designing/managing monitoring systems or evaluations, management consulting, working for a funder, and generating publications.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills; fluency in Stata is required.
- Experience presenting complex information with simplicity; desire to learn Tableau/ArcGIS required.
- Demonstrated ability to write succinctly and tailor information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Meticulous attention to detail. For example, please use the subject line “Application for Consultancy: Your Last Name” in your email application.
- Experience managing high profile projects and navigating relationships with key stakeholders.
- Global health experience, including familiarity with infectious diseases.
- Self-starter who will thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment by taking ownership and initiative.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.