JOB OPENING: ASSOCIATE
We are seeking an Associate who excels in data analytics and visualization and is meticulously attentive to detail. The ideal candidate is a Masters-level graduate with 3-5+ years of quantitative experience. The Associate will support our firm in providing technical assistance to a team within the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Location: Seattle or Washington DC preferred. A remote location will be considered for strong candidates
- Duration: September 2019 to February 2020, with high likelihood of extension
- Hours: Part-time or full-time, depending on experience and availability
- Compensation: A competitive rate for management consulting given relevant experience
The Associate’s responsibilities will follow the changing priorities of the client and revolve around using secondary data to iteratively inform programmatic and strategic decisions. Example responsibilities include:
- Support data management and statistical programming tasks including data cleaning and wrangling, descriptive statistics, and data visualization. These tasks range from more advanced tasks with large datasets (e.g., extensive mapping, basic statistical modeling, creatively displaying results) as well as routine management (e.g., logically structuring and commenting code for repeated use).
- Perform quality assurance tasks to improve the quality of data as well as our deliverables/analyses. For example, the Associate will perform systematic checks of incoming data to ensure consistency and conduct spot checks of our deliverables against the raw datasets.
- Support our efforts to document and publish current programmatic and monitoring efforts. The Associate will support the team’s efforts to publish programmatic and epidemiologic research. Example tasks include conducting literature reviews and analyzing related data.
- Ensure technical rigor of project deliverables. The consultant will provide support with drafting and refining documents, such as technical reports, memos, and status reports.
- Masters in economics, statistics, epidemiology, public health, public policy, or related field with 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- A reputation for producing excellent work, including data collection and management, presenting complex information with simplicity, managing information systems; supporting evaluations
- Excellent skills in data analysis and visualization, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, and program implementation. Knowledge of infectious disease is helpful but not required.
- Fluency in statistical software (Stata required; R preferred) and data visualization tools. Experience or willingness to learn Tableau and ArcGIS required.
- Demonstrated ability to write and present succinctly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Meticulous attention to detail. For example, please use the subject line “Application for Consultancy: Your Last Name” in your email application.
- Self-starter who will thrive working independently and within a small team in a flexible, remote, fast-paced working environment by taking ownership and initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills, with the ability to work across clients and cross-culturally with diverse teams.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.