JOB OPENING – JUNIOR ASSOCIATE
We are seeking a Junior Associate with experience in data analytics and visualization and is meticulously attentive to detail. The ideal candidate is a current graduate student or recent Masters graduate with 1-3+ years of quantitative experience. The Junior Associate will support our firm in providing technical assistance to a team within the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Location: Seattle or Washington DC preferred. A remote location will be considered for strong candidates
- Duration: September 2019 to February 2020
- Hours: Part-time
- Compensation: A competitive rate for management consulting given relevant experience
The Junior Associate’s responsibilities will follow the changing priorities of the client and revolve around using secondary data to iteratively inform programmatic and strategic decisions. Example responsibilities include:
- Assist with data management and statistical programming tasks including data cleaning and data visualization. Examples include mapping, limited data entry/formatting, and routine data management (e.g., logically structuring and commenting code for repeated use, cataloging source code & deliverables). Tasks will increase in complexity with skillset.
- Perform quality assurance tasks to improve the quality of data as well as our deliverables/analyses. For example, the Junior Associate will perform spot checks of our deliverables against the raw data.
- Assist in daily operations including business development and administration (e.g. setting up meetings, meeting notes).
- Pursuing or attained a Masters in economics, statistics, epidemiology, public health, public policy, or related field with 1-3+ years of relevant experience
- A reputation for producing excellent work, including data collection and management, presenting complex information with simplicity, managing information systems, and supporting evaluations
- Proficient skillset in data analysis and visualization, monitoring and evaluation, and program implementation. Knowledge of infectious disease is helpful but not required.
- Fluency in Stata. Experience or willingness to learn Tableau and ArcGIS required.
Demonstrated ability to write and present succinctly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Meticulous attention to detail. For example, please use the subject line “Application for Junior Associate: Your Last Name” in your email application.
- Self-starter who will thrive working independently and within a small team in a flexible, remote, fast-paced working environment by taking ownership and initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills, with the ability to work across clients and cross-culturally with diverse teams.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.